Hello, friends! Thank you so much for skating over from Instagram.
This page was created just for you. It features this week’s blog post, recent DIYs, helpful tips, and occasionally tools or products that I’m chatting about Instagram.
Skate back often. There’s always something new
This Week’s Post
11 Secrets for Sanding Wood Projects Like a Pro
Get your grit together because this week’s blog post is full of grit! That’s right, we’re talking all about sandpaper, sanding tools, electric sanders, and helpful sanding tips.
Grit happens today on the blog! Please skate over and check out 11 Secrets for Sanding Wood Projects Like a Pro now!
DIY Bar Cart with Removable Tray
Steve made his bar cart using the DIY Bar Cart with Removable Tray plans.
I love how he customized the plans for his needs. The original plan called for a removable tray, but Steve didn’t have a need for that. Instead, he permanently attached the tray to the base. He added a piece of ⅛” plexiglass inside the tray to protect the wood from spills.
He also recessed the lower shelf to prevent items from rolling off the shelf. He stained the piece and topped it with Bob’s Miracle Finish for Wood and a few coats of paste wax. Great job, Steve!
Recent DIY Tips
7 Reasons a Kreg R3 is the Best Pocket Hole Jig for Beginners
What’s the best pocket hole jig for beginners? My pick is the Kreg Jig R3! It’s affordable, easy to use and a great way to get started with building DIY furniture.
I’m excited to partner again with my friends at Kreg Tool to share with you my 7 Reasons a Kreg R3 is the Best Pocket Hole Jig for Beginners. Please skate over and check it out now!
You may also enjoy these posts:
- 9 Pocket Hole Mistakes You Don’t Want to Make
- How to Drill Pocket Holes on Miter Joints
- Need to Know Pocket Hole Tips for Edge Joints
Get more Kreg Jig Tips and Tricks here.
How to Stop Knots from Bleeding Through Paint
Have you ever painted over a wood knot only to find a little while later the knot is bleeding through the paint? It’s frustrating, it’s unattractive, and it happens to all of us. There’s a foolproof way to stop knots from bleeding through our paint.
Please skate over to: How to Stop Knots from Bleeding Through Paint
You may also enjoy these posts:
- 7 Ways to Prevent Orange Peel Texture When Using a Paint Sprayer
- How to Spray Paint Doors the Easy Way
- 7 Simple Paintbrush Tips Guaranteed to Make Your Brush Last Longer
Get more helpful Paint, Stain and Finish ideas here.
5 Clever Tools that Simplify Building Furniture and Cabinets
Recently I partnered with Kreg Tool for a sponsored post and chatted with 4 super talented DIY experts about the tools they use to make building furniture and cabinets easier!
- Charlee from Build and Create Home shared the simple way to make adjustable shelves.
- Anika from Anika’s DIY Life told us about the foolproof way to install drawer slides.
- Vineta from The Handyman’s Daughter talked about concealed cabinet hinges and the easy way to drill holes for them.
- Sarah from The Created Home had more than 40 drawer pulls to install and she shared the easy way to precisely install them in the same position on doors and drawers.
Please skate over to: 5 Clever Tools that Simplify Building Furniture and Cabinets
Kreg Jig vs Biscuit Joiner: Differences Between Pocket Holes and Biscuit Joints
A few weeks ago Kathy messaged me with a question about building furniture. She owns a biscuit joiner but noticed many DIY furniture projects are built with a pocket hole jig. She asked me to compare and contrast using a Kreg Jig vs a biscuit joiner.
Let’s look at which is faster, which is stronger, which is easier to use, plus more.
Please skate over to: Kreg Jig vs Biscuit Joiner: Differences of Pocket Holes and Biscuit Joints
Clever DIY Hints and Tricks
- 7 Miter Saw Tricks Every DIYer Should Know
- 9 Clever Ways to Make Your Small Workshop Feel Bigger
- How to Adjust a Miter Saw for Accurate Cuts
Get more DIY Tips and Tricks here.